Terms & Conditions
I am over 18 and by completing an entry to a race, I certify I have read and accept the terms and conditions. If there are under 18s taking part, I certify that I am the parent/guardian and I give my consent for them to participate in the Run up to Christmas
Terms and conditions
1) By registering for Run Up to Christmas, participants declare there are no medical reasons they could not take part and they are physically fit and capable of completing their nominated distance.
2) In order for results to be verified, participants must be responsible for sending all supporting evidence by the final declaration date set.
3) Collating results for teams is the responsibility for the team captain/organiser.
4) The maximum distances permitted for age groups are in accordance with UKA rule 140 section 3.
Age: Maximum distance:
Under 13 5,000m
18+ Marathon (42,200m)
As such, any runners under 18 may only participate as a part of a team and covering the maximum distances outlined above.
5) Entry is non-transferrable and refunds are not available unless the event is cancelled by the organisers.
6a) Run up to Christmas is a virtual race and as such, the organisers will not be on hand on the day to offer marshalling, medical assistance or tracking and timing solutions.
6b) As such, participants agree to waive any liability against the organisers/sponsors and volunteers for any injury, illness, loss or damage as a result of participation.
6c) Participants acknowledge they are taking part in Run up to Christmas at their own risk and should take suitable precautions with regards to personal health and safety.
7) By registering for Run up to Christmas, participants agree to royalty-free use of their results, name, images (including video) and comments in future publicity.
8) By registering, participants agree for their name and contact details to be added on to the Run up to Christmas mailing list. Entrants can unsubscribe my contacting the organisers.
9) The race entry fee is to cover the administration of the event and a charitable donation, should the event make a profit, to the charity Mind. It does not include the medal, which is only awarded upon successful completion of the event.
10) Participants understand that Run up to Christmas is a ‘challenge’ and not a ‘competition’ and as such, any prizes given are at the organiser’s discretion. Prizes may be awarded for any number of reasons and none are guaranteed.